Monday, January 23

Brought to you by the letter "M": what I wore today

Yesterday, I threw together an outfit last minute. As luck would have it, I LOVED it! Hot Pink, black and white? Yes, please!

With the jacket
Without the jacket
Do you see the little squiggle on my left shoulder? Close up, it looks like this:
Yes, I own a sweater with an "M" sewn into the pattern. I bought it years ago and adore the thing. Sadly, it's an awkward length and made of grabby, itchy yarn, so I don't wear it often. However, when I realized the "M" is the same color as the dress I'd thrown on (as a third desperate attempt to find something somewhat flattering to wear to church), I almost skipped for joy! Better yet, it perfectly covered the busy bodice on the dress!

I received multiple compliments on this sweater from women in my ward, many of whom mentioned that it reminded them of the way Laverne in Laverne & Shirley always had an "L" on the front of her blouse/dress/uniform. I admit, that's exactly why I bought it in the first place. Knowing that other people like it for the same reason makes me feel oddly validated, and giddier than I should be -- I love to be frivolous sometimes!

Now, because it cheers me up and makes me smile broadly every time I watch it, here is the theme song sequence for Laverne & Shirley -- notice the "L" on all of Laverne's (Penny Marshall's) clothing:

Happy Monday, all!

Make all YOUR dreams come true!!