Tuesday, June 24

My First "Tag"!

Yay! My first tag! Have you ever noticed how the first time you do anything is always the most scary and exciting? (Well, maybe the second time is scarier in some circumstances, 'cause then you kind of know what to expect.) I'm just saying, I'm kinda stoked, but I may not be so much in the future.

Meanwhile, it's nice to have an extra excuse to blog... not that I'm asking that y'all tag me every chance you get or anything.

Need to list: 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random surprising facts about yourself. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog!

3 Joys
1. Music. I love to sing more than anything else in the world. It's my favorite part about church and theatre, and the only thing I like about driving. Music can express how I feel so much better than words ever could.
2. Strong women. I am surrounded by them at home, church, work, and the theatre, and I am always amazed when women I admire think I'm something special, too.
3. Painting my toenails. It makes me feel so pretty!

3 Fears
1. Marrying the wrong guy for the right reasons
2. That my hair will go straight when I have my kids (lousy hormones)
3. Finding spiders and/or cockroaches in my bedroom - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

3 obsessions/ collections
1. "LOST". This television show is so confusing and yet addicting. I really enjoy that this show makes me think, and that there are so many characters to love! Just when I think I have something figured out, or I get comfortable - WHAM! They throw in some new idea out of nowhere. Brilliant! I own the first three seasons, and one of my goals this summer is to rewatch all of them.
2. "Dancing with the Stars". Sure, this last season was kind of boring, but gorgeous men who dance, and gorgeous women in frou-frou costumes are awesome! I have so many songs on my iPod now that I first heard on this show; I like music that makes me want to get up and dance. I took ballroom in 5th grade and am now kinda sad that I stopped, and that I was too afraid of the "social" aspect of social dance to take it at BYU.
(Incidently, I had a dream once that merged both "LOST" and "Dancing with the Stars". Kate and Edyta were great friends.)
3. The Harry Potter books and movies. I spent the bulk of my free time for three years hanging out online with people I met on harrypotter.com, and even wrote over 300 pages of my own fanfiction story (I never finished). Last year before the final book came out, my friend Mira threw a Harry Potter party which is pretty much the coolest thing I'd ever been to. I dressed up as Hermione and had a ball.

3 Goals
1. Buy my own condo or townhouse this year.
2. Get so proficient in yoga I can touch my toes without bending my knees.
3. Someday travel to Italy, Russia, Croatia, Greece, Ireland, and Scotland... not necessarily all on the same trip or in that order.

3 random/surprising facts about myself
1. Although I don't usually choose to play sports, I am actually a decent baseball player, and I like to watch baseball games. I was also pretty good at playing defense in basketball when we still played Young Women's churchball.
2. I was a painfully shy little girl. My first audition was for a part in the third grade Christmas program, and instead of asking for volunteers my teacher picked a bunch of girls to go into the hall and read lines. I was last and very relieved I wouldn't have to read in front of anybody but my beloved teacher. Just as I started, another teacher walked past with her entire class. I got the part. The rest is history.
3. If I had to give up either bread and chocolate, I would give up chocolate. This is not to say I don't like chocolate - I'm a huge fan. I just love bread and pasta more. I tried the South Beach diet once and failed miserably.

I am supposed to tag 5 people, but since this is all about 3's, I will follow Wendi's example and just tag 3 people.
1. Erica Michaelis (if that isn't your last name, Shutterbug, I'm going to be really embarrassed...)
2. Sarah Murray
3. Stephanie Maag

1 comment:

Rach said...

I also love painting my toenails, as you know! And, sorry to say, but my hair, although never as curly as yours, has gone straighter with each kid. Dang hormones!