Friday, November 13

True Friends


Inigo: That Vizzini, he can fuss.

Fezzik: Fuss.. fuss... I think he like to scream at us!

Inigo: Probably he means no harm.

Fezzik: He's very, very short on charm.

Inigo: You have a great gift for rhyme.

Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time.

Vizzini: Enough of that.

Inigo: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?

Fezzik: If there are, we all be dead.

Vizzini: No more rhymes now -- I mean it!

Fezzik: Does anybody want a peanut?

Vizzini: Gah!


I love this scene from The Princess Bride, because Inigo knows that Fezzik loves to rhyme and goes out of his way to give Fezzik the chance. It's such a little thing, but you can just tell it makes Fezzik happy. Inigo just wants to make an otherwise depressing job more fun for his friend.

Everybody deserves to have at least one friend who really understands her and loves her for who she is. Someone who makes a point of learning the little things that make her tick. As a wise person once said, "Love is in the details." I wholeheartedly agree.

I am fortunate to have many such friends. Friends who will encourage me to wear a tiara, and sing along to whatever song is playing in the car, and remember I like the chocolate and peanut butter combination, and listen to my stories that don't go anywhere, and quote lines with me from movies like, say, the Princess Bride even though we've all quoted the best lines a zillion times.

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to pray for me, send me a text, read my blog, or even just think about me once in awhile. I am grateful for your love and support, and hope that I can be a friend worthy of you. I am very, very blessed!

xoxoxox,
Megan

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Well we all love you very, very much, Megan! And we're honored to be your friends. Some of us are even lucky enough to call you family :)

PS If you want to link to the video of that scene, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP5-qJSzDUg

Mandee Lue said...

I MUST see you soon :) I need some Meg time --

And now that my show is over, I can come to yours!! So I will see you soon! Love you, Megs!