Monday, July 4

Happy Independence Day!

Cul de Sac by Richard Thompson
Confession: I haven't seen any fireworks in at least three years... actually, it may be more like five. I know I saw some the 4th I spent in Hawaii, and possibly the year after... so, yeah, three is about right. I've been invited to a few, but they haven't worked out. I'm a little sad, but not devastated. Maybe next time :-D

I DID however, have a brilliant day today, celebrating my grandmother and the nation's birthday with my cousins in Midway! Golly, I love those folks. Grateful for any chance to get together. Better yet, while celebrating living in our country. I am so grateful for all who fought and still fight to protect our freedoms and ever-changing way of life. I am blessed to live here and hope never to take it for granted!
89 years young and healthier than I am!
O, thus be it ever when freemen shall stand,
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust"
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
- The Star-Spangled Banner by Francis Scott Key (emphasis added)
Flag draped from the roof of the Pentagon
borrowed from http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/lyrics/spangle.htm

1 comment:

Hatt family said...

After the kind of day it's been, the Stars and Stripes Forever made me smile! Thank you!! I love this country too!!