Monday, July 25

Camp fire photos

I love to watch a camp fire -- it's so beautiful and airy and elegant. During our Ward camping trip last month, one of the Bishopric members brought this table for fuel and it was so interesting to watch the way the wood warped and changed as it burned.

My camera may not be fancy, but I'm pretty proud of some of these shots. I'm glad I took a few moments to capture them and just watch the fire and meditate. It felt so peaceful and lovely on that chilly June evening!
 
 



I find that fourth photo particularly haunting. It's amazing how something so destructive can be so beautiful at the same time.

That's it -- I'm actually going to use my fireplace this winter. I've resisted because it's one more thing to clean and I hear horror stories about chimneys catching on fire, but I'm going to do it anyway because, really, there are few things so peaceful and comforting to me as watching flames in an as-controlled-as-can-be environment.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I love fire pics, too! Completely agree about how interesting that fire can be destructive and beautiful at the same time. Great work!

Hatt family said...

I love the photos! I agree fire can be beautiful, and comforting, yet if uncontrolled can be so scary.