Sometimes it seems that I don't realize that a role is a dream role (or a dream show where I'd take any role) until I find out there's an audition coming up for that show. That was true of Into the Woods. I had several auditions planned for shows I was looking forward to, but when I heard about Woods, I knew I had to audition. Thank goodness I did!
I have been lucky enough to play dream roles, though. Milly in Seven Brides, Amy in Little Women, and Ado Annie in Oklahoma come to mind rather quickly. I would do any of those again, given the chance!
Here are a possibly my top 6 dream roles; these are those I would (and have) run to audition for given any and every chance:
- The Importance of Being Earnest, Cecily
- Steel Magnolias, Shelby
- The Music Man, Marian
- Nunsense, Sister Mary Amnesia
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Helena
- Guys and Dolls, Sarah Brown or Miss Adelaide
It is fun to dream...
4 comments:
Ummm...didn't you just get cast as Cecily in 'The Importance of Being Earnest' or did I read my FB feed wrong?
Whoops! I had this on auto-post, and forgot to update it when I got the role (really, I forgot all about this post). And funny enough, I didn't get Cecily -- I'm playing Gwendolen instead, and I'm thrilled about it! I'll write a post later today with more details :-D
Love your list! I'm feeling inspired to maybe write one of my own.
My original list had about 20 dream roles on it, 20 "would be nice to play" roles, and another 15 "dream shows" where I'd play anything. Some of them are crossed off, and some I'm not old enough for, but I decided I didn't need to include the whole list here :)
Post a Comment