Gilmore Girls
Community
Dr. Who
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Lie to Me
The West Wing
Sports Night
[Star Trek] Enterprise
Battlestar Galactica (the newer version)
Veronica Mars
Portlandia
My So-Called Life
(I am not linking to each one of these shows. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be difficult to find if you did a search on your own.)
They are all shows that dear friends cannot stop raving about! (I will also give credit for: They are all super awesome.) Each was recommended to me by several people as something that I would love (whoa, bold statement). Subsequently, I put them on my Netflix queue.
The sad thing is that I don't have a lot of time to watch said shows. So, even though I'm totally jazzed about all of them, it's slow-going. And whenever someone mentions something new to me I cringe internally, sigh, and since I trust them that I'll love it, I add it to the queue. It's possible the queue will never empty. That's okay. It's nice to have something cool to watch while scrapbooking, or cooking, or getting ready for bed...
...You know, when there isn't a new episode of Desperate Housewives, Glee, Grey's Anatomy, Modern Family, The Simpsons, Once Upon a Time, New Girl, Grimm, Pan Am, Suburgatory, Parks and Recreation, Chuck, Revenge, Napoleon Dynamite, Alcatraz, Drop Dead Diva, The Big Bang Theory, 30 Rock, Smash, Downton Abbey, Phineas and Ferb, or Mad Men to catch up on... and no new DVD from Netflix to quickly watch and return.
Gah! How in the world do I ever get anything done?!! It's a mystery!
[UPDATE] It helps that Chuck's finale has aired (I didn't get to watch the final season because it wasn't on Hulu -- LAME!! That's going in the queue), and Pan Am was cancelled. Boo!
Meanwhile in the last few months I have accomplished the following:
- finished Sports Night
- halfway through season 6 of West Wing (I want to be Allison Janney when I grow up)
- finished season 3 of Buffy (Willow rules!)
- started season 2 of Enterprise
- watched 5 episodes of My So-Called Life (Only one season? Tragedy!)
What are your favorite shows? Anything you think I'd love that I don't already have on the list above? Am I the only crazy t.v.-watching person on the interweb?
10 comments:
I really loved Ugly Betty (it's on Netflix Instant Watch) if you haven't watched it yet. Took me a few episodes to really start wanting to follow along, but I wanted another season! I also love the fact that you watch New Girl! :)
PanAm was cancelled??
Not to add too much more to your list (and I can't say for sure you'd love them, although there's a good chance based on your current list) but here are some other good ones:
Burn Notice
Leverage
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Fringe
The Finder
Terra Nova
Jes -- According to an article on Pan Am's imdb.com page, it is cancelled :(
Thanks for the suggestions, Karl! I have watched and liked Burn Notice and Leverage, and have heard good things about Fringe. I'll put the others on my queue :)
Looks like Karl and I have some similar tastes. I'm all about Burn Notice, Leverage, and Justified right now, in addition to my standard Big Bang Theory, Office, Community, New Girl, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, etc.
Love so many of your love shows, and I am glad to hear that someone as cool as you considers it totally legit to have tv-watching as a goal. I'm so glad you're watching Once Upon a Time. I'm loving that one.
That sounds like my DVR--I have loads on there I need to watch.
Right now I have
GLEE
Grey's Anatomy
New Girl
Napoleon Dynamite
Once Upon A Time
Being Human (LOVE)
How I Met Your Mother
I commend you on Pan Am; I watched two episodes and cut my losses.
Mr. Wonderful is watching 'Angel' right now on Netflix and loves it...
Andrea -- I am a little embarrassed about how much television I watch. I like good stories, and t.v. has an endless supply! And Once Upon a Time is one of my new favorites. SUCH good storytelling there!
Kristen -- I'm considering How I Met Your Mother, but I watched a bit in the first season and wasn't crazy about it. I might try Angel after I finish Buffy... Pam Am is admittedly a silly show, but I like it anyway. Great clothes and characters I can root for! Woo-hoo!
Give How I Met Your Mother another shot. Like so many television shows (Gilmore Girls!) the first season just isn't as well-written as the following. But, UNLIKE so many television shows (Lost!) it gets better and better every season.
current obsessions on TV:
mad men
arrested development
modern family (x2!)
new girl
once upon a time
fringe
warehouse 13 (not for everyone)
Thanks, Sarah! I'll consider HIMYM... I do kind of need another comedy to balance some of the more dramatic shows on my list :D
Post a Comment