Tuesday, March 6

15 Common Grammar Mistakes (and the correct usage)

I saw this on Copyblogger and thought I'd pass it along. I'm pleased to say that I get these right most of the time (with the possible exception of affect/effect -- darn that first letter!!) Hope this is helpful to the rest of you... not that I'm pointing fingers. It's really just good general knowledge...

15 Grammar Goofs That Make You Look Silly
Like this infographic? Get more copywriting tips from Copyblogger.

5 comments:

S.R. Braddy said...

"Affect" can be a noun...

Miss Megan said...

I thought so! That's why it trips me up so often. *Sigh*

Karrie said...

Love this post, Megan. It would be nice to rid the world of bad grammar.;-)

Aaron said...

I struggle with those blasted dangling participles, but hopefully I catch them more often than not in my writing.

miss kristen said...

Then/than is my problem. I'm ALWAYS afraid I'm going to mix them up.

Also something that bothers me-

'Anyways'. Anyways is NOT a word!! Ugh!