Monday, October 29

Check me out!

Larissa commented when she visited my ward/church congregation last week that the men in my ward aren't shy about checking a girl out. They tend to line the halls, looking up and down at the women that pass and making silent judgments or approvals. I hadn't really noticed -- or maybe I was just used to it -- until yesterday. I walked into the building and as I made my way to the Cultural Hall, I spotted at least one guy looking me over. He was not at all subtle :-P I knew I looked good, so I felt flattered!

Then, a funny thing happened: my Visiting Teacher gave me cookies and some Halloween candy. I wanted to save them until the evening (is there anything better than hot chocolate and cookies on a chilly autumn evening?) so I just carried them around with me for three hours.

For the rest of church, every person I walked by, or who walked by me, only had eyes for my cookies. I couldn't decide if it was funny or obnoxious and wanted to joke "Hey! My eyes are up here! Look at me!" Ha ha!

Now I know a very small portion of what moms with new babies feel...

Guess next time I'll have to bring something to share... or just make sure I look extra cute!

Happy Monday, my friends!

3 comments:

Most Happy Girl said...

Russ and I love to dance. We even took a ballroom dance class together (Russ's favorite is the cha cha).

If you get a minute, please enter the contest on my blog. I must admit I'm feeling a little sad because so far, Kristen is the only person who's entered it. :(

http://randomthingsandkitestrings.blogspot.com/2012/10/first-official-contest-and-giveaway.html

It's super easy to enter, and the prizes are fun (if not really anything all that special). Thanks!

Miss Megan said...

I'll do that now, Nancy. I'm sorry I didn't earlier -- I'm a total space cadet lately!!

Anonymous said...

you life is fascinating, I must say!