I tend to forget that since I live alone people probably can't hear me when I sing.
For some reason, I get really self-concious singing in front of people. It's not as bad if I'm in a group of people who are all singing, too. But whether it's a solo in church, auditioning for a play, singing at my parents' house, practicing one-on-one with my voice teacher, or singing at rehearsal in front of the rest of the cast before I know my part -- I don't like people hearing me before I feel like I'm any good. I do it anyway, 'cause if I don't I'll never get over the fear, but it freaks me out. It's the same with people watching me learn a dance, or rehearsing a monologue. I just don't like it!
The other night, I was lying awake in bed and suddenly wanted to sing. I resisted, and then I thought, "Who cares? It's not like I'll wake anyone else up!" So, I sang the song... at 3am... without getting out of bed. And I hoped that no one could hear me next door or in the condo below mine. I would have been mortified if someone had come to complain.
(Then again, the neighborhood music has started up again, so maybe I'd be glad if someone complained so I'd know I'm not crazy.)
What can I say? There are definite advantages to living alone! No one complains if I leave dirty dishes in the sink, no one fights me for the remote control, and no one is bothered if I want to sing in the middle of the night!
5 comments:
We surely enjoyed hearing your lovely singing at church! You're fabulous!
Way to sing late at night! Keep it up you are awesome!
That's so cute, Megan :) You are absolutely adorable, and I want to ask you a favor... but I will call you soon to do that! love you gorgeous girl :)
You have a wonderful voice!
As your roommate I don't ever remember having problems with any of those things!
Post a Comment