Tuesday, November 3

Sick Again

Sunday night my throat started feeling a little scratchy and as the evening progressed, it hurt more and more. By Monday morning it was so bad I couldn't swallow. So, I called in sick to work and went to the Instacare where I wore a mask in the waiting room. I was assisted by tall, blond, handsome male nurse who gave me a strep test for the second time in 30 days... which was negative again. The doctor diagnosed me with a nasty virus and recommended ibuprofen and salt water gargle. I slept the entire rest of the day.

Today I worked from home all morning, which wiped me out for the afternoon. I feel compelled to go into work tomorrow, even though I am worried about working the whole day and then going to rehearsal. We're teching the show -- we open on Friday! I can't not go! And I have so much to do at work I loathe to stay home. Maybe I'll work from 9 to 3 and then sleep in my car for a couple of hours... Maybe I'll work from home again. I don't know.

Hand sanitizer, herbal lemon tea, ibuprophen, ricola, sitting down, and snatches of sleep have become a must.

Fortunately, I actually have food this time. When I was sick last month it was something of a joke. I should never let my cupboards get so bare. Or, I should just be less afraid to dig into my food storage. Fooood! Glorious food!

1 comment:

Hatt family said...

Hope it doesn't last long...