And, because I'm me, and I'm proud of my little home, and I am thrilled to actually have these windows (in time to qualify for the tax rebate, I might add), I took a bunch of photos. I asked the workers if I could photograph them and they said it was okay, but I felt weird about it, so I didn't. They were very nice about it, though, and very photographable, and they did a terrific job!
Below is the old sliding glass door. Notice the broken screen
The same door, completely gutted
The new "sliding" sliding door waiting for installation
Look how pretty and clean!
No more broken screen!
In the spare bedroom
In the master bedroom
In the kitchen
I worked from home yesterday, and this is what I looked like. Did I mention that it was about 36 degrees outside and the windows were torn out for a portion of the day? Notice I'm wearing a coat and gloves. (Never fear, the condo warmed up as soon as all of the windows were in and I turned the heater back on.)
The only drawbacks are so minor I can't really call them drawbacks. The new, wider, double-paned windows don't leave any room on the ledge in my kitchen for one of my favorite Christmas decorations. It's sitting on the table now and is cute there, but it's not the same. Also, the workers had to remove the settings for my shutters and now the holes are covered with the windows (because, again and wonderfully, the windows are so wide) so until I have a chance to reinstall the settings I have no shutters. It's weird having the sun shining through my bedroom window in the morning. Not bad, only weird.
Yaaaay! One more remodeling project down, and I'm happy to put off the next until the Spring. Need to save up some more money, and I just want to enjoy the winter.
Thanks to everyone at Wasatch Windows and Vinyl who assisted me with the whole process. After I asked if I could take his photo, one of the men who installed the window asked me the name of my blog. So, if you're reading this: thanks for all of your help! You were great and I am very, very happy with the result!
3 comments:
Where are the pictures of the workers?? Is it like a where's Waldo?? Because I can't find them.
Sorry, Lizzy. They said they wouldn't mind if I took pictures of them, but I felt embarrassed after asking and chickened out. No pictures of the workers this time.
I love them. Bryant and I are hoping to take out our sliding door in a year or two and put in french doors! But seeing your's maybe we should just get new..
Post a Comment