But, in consequence of my Halloween-apathy, I didn't put much thought into a costume until last Saturday, and that was because I was invited to a costume party. My Sleeping Beauty costume doesn't fit me quite right anymore and I wanted to try something else anyway. The theme for the party was "come as your favorite literary character." I don't know that I have a favorite, but as mentioned a few posts again I LOVE Harry Potter, but I didn't want to be Harry himself, so I came up with the brilliant idea to break out the blue hair goo Steph gave me for my birthday a few years ago (thank goodness I have a bit left!) and go as Tonks! Sure, pink hair was more in character, but I had blue and I wanted to wear it! I threw on my Hogwarts t-shirt, Gryffindor scarf, turqouise chucks, and grabbed a chopstick and I was set!
I was halfway to the friend's house when I noticed on the party invitation that the party was on Friday. As in, the day before Saturday, which was the current day. I had missed the party by an entire day!
Boy did I feel dumb. I went to my parents' house instead. I figured they might be baby-sitting and I thought my nephew would get a kick out of my hair. Well, no kids, but fortunately my parents were there and oohed and ahhed enough for me to feel less silly.

(My hair looked bluer in person than it does in this photo)At least I had a costume! And I was started to get excited about Halloween!
Friday (instead of going to the party) I went to Frightmares with my friend Carrie. She and I took advantage of the 2 for 1 offer that night to support our Kiss Me Kate friends who were performing in the shows. Geez, our friends are talented! I love that they can be, like, party planners by day and then dress up as Dracula and dance and sing all night long. Not professional actors, but with their level of skill they could be. (Wait, maybe they are part-time professional since they are paid...?) Carrie was nice enough not to make me go to a haunted house. Instead, we rode all the awesome rides I didn't get to do when I went in the summer. I do love a good roller coaster!

above: Carrie and I. I'm still not sure if a genie and a pirate go together! (Update: I get it! It's a sheik and not a pirate! The stupid jacket was throwing me off!)
below: Carrie and I with Gray after the Vampire show. Loved hearing him sing "Smooth Criminal." He is so fun to watch!

below: Carrie and I with the monsters after their show, particularly Aaron (Frankenstein) and Trevor (Dracula). We were glad we watched both shows because they had different solos in each.

I've got to do another show with these people!
No comments:
Post a Comment