When I'm sick...
I keep the shades drawn, and consequently have no idea how nice or bad the weather is.
I sleep so much during the day that I don't sleep well at night, which is not condusive to a successful work day when I start to feel better.
I feel guilty calling in sick to work.
I call in sick to work... unless there's something really important going on... like today's Wellness Fair at work that is about a week too late for me. But at least I got free stuff!
I can't pretend I'm not sick. At least not up close. My friend Golnar used to say I have eyes like a baby because they get all red and watery and sad.
My mom's chicken soup is always welcome.
I start to miss people after a few days. But I don't want anyone to see me when I haven't showered or washed my hair.
I'm jealous that men can put a ball cap over their hair without looking like a total scrounge -- when I put a cap on I look like a scrounge.
Pigtails are my best friend.
Documentaries are even more boring than when I'm well. Even if I care about the subject matter.
I am grateful for pajamas. I bought some cute and comfy ones for my birthday and LOVE them.
One blanket is not enough when I'm laying on the couch.
I drink less water than I do when I'm well, even though I know it should be the other way around.
I am grateful I have no children or anyone else to take care of. I don't remember my mom or dad ever being sick. I'm sure they were, but they just had to power through. I'm enjoying the "revelling in illness" for as long as I can.
It takes me a few days to remember which medication I should probably be taking.
Blog posts sound more clever and interesting in my head than they actually turn out to be.
I am grateful when I finally notice that I feel well again.
Chocolate still tastes good.
4 comments:
Do you need supplies or medicine brought in? Drop me a text if so...
Thanks, Chris, I think my supplies should get me through (I have a good store of medicenes from the year I saved too much in my Flexible Spending Account for LASIK).
Oh, Megan!! I hope you get feeling better soon!!
I think chocolate tastes even better when I'm sick. It's amazing most days usually, but for some reason, illness makes it so much yummier in my p.o.v. :) Hope you're past this, and thanks for the great song on the other blog... I think YOU are amazing, Megs :)
Post a Comment