Monday, October 4

Photo projects


Well, I'm about five plays behind in my theatre scrapbook (not including three shows that are done except for captions), and with my arm still out of commission I won't be making any headway on them in the very near future. I haven't even printed out photos from my last two plays.

So, I've been working on some other photo projects. Have you ever noticed that there are dozens of ways to store and display old photos? Film negatives, scrapbooks, photo albums, cork boards, frames, memory cards, photo-sharing sites, digital files... I will probably be working on these projects for the rest of my life. That's okay. I'm having fun!

Now that my scanner works again, I spent quite some time last week scanning photos from junior high and high school. Fun fact: I remember more names of junior high people than high school. I love the memories! I was so fresh-faced and scrawny back then.

above: First day of seventh grade
below: Summer after Senior year

Also, this weekend I finally got around to going through all of my film negatives and sorting them. Today I took a test batch to Sam's Club and had them scan them onto a CD for me. I shopped around a bit and decided on Sam's Club because they actually had time to answer all of my questions and their prices are reasonable. Looking at the CD the resolution is great! And the photos are adorable, if I say so myself (no, they are not all of me). Here are a few. I'm so excited!



Now that I know how well it works, I'll be taking more negatives in later this week. I've been meaning to do this for at least a year. It's nice to actually be doing it.

Now to finish organizing all of my digital photos and videos and burn them onto DVDs... oh man.

Never ending.

And I don't plan to stop taking new ones any time soon.

Yaaaaaaaaaay!

No comments: