My latest play, The Masque of the Beauty and the Beast opens a week from Friday!
Do you think it's a little nuts that we started rehearsing two weeks ago and open in just another week and-a-half? So do I! But, we'll be ready. It's already shaping into a beautiful (no pun intended) play. The cast is perfect -- I swoon over the Beast, and the girl playing Beauty is absolutely darling -- and I can't wait to get the set and costumes and start running the show!
Don't let the theater's name "The Children's Theatre" throw you. Yes, the plays are appropriate for children, but most of the actors are adults and we don't dumb down the dialogue or act cutesy as you might imagine someone might in a play geared toward children. I know adults will enjoy it... even if they don't have a child with them ;) And yet, children will love the characters and the dancing and the story. It's clever and fun and crazy and magical. 'Twill be a lovely way to spend an evening or afternoon. I know I'm looking forward to it!
Click here to purchase tickets. Keep in mind that both Saturday performances are matinees, and that there is no assigned seating, so you might want to get there a smidge early to pick a seat (I recommend sitting as close to the front/middle as you can, but honestly you should be able to see everything fine from any seat). Also, a reminder that this is not the Disney version of the story, so you might want to warn any little children who love the movie that there is no Mrs. Potts or Gaston. Hopefully they won't be too upset with you or us!
We perform every Friday and Saturday in November. I'll try to post photos as we get closer to opening, and definitely once we've started performing.
I hope to see you there!

No comments:
Post a Comment