Friday, October 14

Fergalicious booties

My go-to, adorable, brown flats have huge holes in the soles; holes big enough I can put my finger through. So, I went into the shoe store determined to buy either another pair of brown flats, or sensible comfy fall/winter appropriate shoes I could wear to work.

Instead, I bought these:


I can't believe I bought booties! I'm normally soooo anti-bootie! In my defense, they were actually more comfortable than any of the "sensible" shoes I tried on. I honestly tried to fall in love with other shoes.

Actually, I'm not sure these qualify as "booties." And to clarify, I'm not talking about this kind of booty:
My booty doesn't look quite like this :P
But, I digress.

Much as I love these Fergalicious shoes, I'm not sure they're quite... well, me. Let's be honest, a lot of my outfits have a soccer-mom quality (I mean no offense to my soccer mom friends!); most of the time I don't try very hard to be stylish, especially during the week. I can almost see myself wearing the booties, but most of the outfits where I imagine I might, I'm used to pairing with these:
 

The booties really are just about the cutest things I've seen in ages, and this is the first time in a long time I've bought any shoes on impulse. Well, it wasn't exactly impulse, I did enter the store with intent to buy (and my old shoes really do have holes in them). They weren't even all that expensive. I adore them, but should I have let my love override my initial plans? Whether I keep them or not, I'm still going to need a pair of flats...

Why yes, I do know these socks are pure awesome.
In writing this post, I'm pretty sure I've decided to keep them. Any and all deviations from my original intentions make me nervous, but these new shoes are so fun and legitimately comfortable.

I need help! Or validation! Should I bite the bullet, take them out of the box, and start wearing them? Do I have room in my wardrobe for this latest pair? Could they become my next pair of go-to shoes; the ones I wear with everything? Are they as cute as I think they are? Am I over-thinking this?

What do you think?

6 comments:

miss kristen said...

Ok, I HATE booties. But these are definitely doable.

So much so that if you don't wear them I will be forced to steal them from you...

Miss Megan said...

I know, right? These totally defy the normal reasons why I hate booties (hitting my lower leg in weird places, looking just plain ugly and messing up otherwise darling outfits). Thank you for the support, Kristen!

Jes said...

Those shoes are perfect. You really have to keep them. They'll look especially great with pants, I think.

Where did you get them?

Miss Megan said...

Hi Jess! I bought them at Famous Footwear at the Gateway, though you could probably buy them online at the "Fergalicious shoes" link above. So glad you like them! I'm so happy to learn I'm not the only one who thinks they're cute!

Rach said...

Cute!!!

Hatt family said...

Super cute!! How can you turn down cute, comfy, AND that you totally love?!!