Wednesday, October 1

Accela-versary

I realized this morning that today October 1st. That means that as of today I've been working with Accela for a year. Whoa! Where has the time gone?

I started off as the new girl, like everyone (unless they are a boy) does. I'd just come from a job where you pretty much have a handle on what you're doing within the first 30 days. But with this one, not only did I have to learn about the company and the features I was writing about, but I had to master five new computer tools before I could even start writing! Those first six-to-eight months were humbling and stressful in a lot of ways.

Now, not only am I not the new girl anymore, I've been privileged to train two new employees in the stuff I've learned. It really is true that the best way to learn is to have to turn around and teach it to someone else. I feel much more confident now in my abilities.

Anyway, I enjoy my job and am grateful to be useful and productive and that I work with the wonderful women I do. Beth, Michele, Emily and Wendi are supportive, honest, hard-working, thoughtful, patient, and hilarious. I cannot believe it was a coincidence we are all working here at the same time. I know they've been a great support to me, and hope I've been as beneficial to them. It's been a good year and I'm looking forward to the next!

Congratulations also to my brother Aaron, who started his job in Washington D.C. a year ago today as well. Way to go, little bro! I'm so proud of you!

3 comments:

Mandee Lue said...

Yay for Accela-versaries! Yay for everything! I guess I say Yay a lot -- so yay for that too! I'm glad you have a good, happy-most-of-the-time job, Megs!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on being there for a year! Do you have any plans to celebrate?

Miss Megan said...

I didn't really celebrate the anniversary, unless you count working until 7:30pm! That was the first time I worked until dark. Ah well!!