£5,000 a man! (or more)
WEALTH EASE DISTINCTION
YOUR LAST CHANCE OF A FORTUNE!
HMS Polychrest will shortly sail to scour the seas of ALL KING GEORGE'S enemies. She is destined to SAIL AGAINST WIND AND TIDE and she will Take, Sink and Destroy the Tyrant's helpless man-of-war, without Mercy, sweeping the Ocean of his Trade. There is no time to be lost! Once the Polychrest has gone by there will be no more PRIZES, no more fat French and cowardly Dutch merchantmen, loaded with Treasure, Jewels, Silks, Satins and Costly Delicacies for the immoral and luxurious Usurper's Court.
This Amazing New Vessel, built on Scientific Principles, is commanded by the renowned
CAPTAIN AUBREY!
whose brig Sophie, with a 28lb broadside, captured £100,000's worth of enemy shipping last war. 28lb, and the Polycrest fires 384lb from either side! So what will she do, in this proportion? More than TWELVE TIMES as much! The Enemy must soon be Bankrupt -- the End is Nigh. Come and join the Fun before it is too late, and then set up your Carriage!
Captain Aubrey has been prevailed upon to accept a few more Hands. Only exceptionally wide-awake, intelligent men will be entertained, capable of lifting a Winchester bushel of Gold; but PERHAPS YOU ARE THE LUCKY MAN! Hurry, there is no time to be lost. Hurry to the Rendezvous at the -- YOU MAY BE THE LUCKY MAN WHO IS ACCEPTED!
No troublesome formalities. The best of provisions at 16 oz to the pound, 4lb of tobacco a month. Free beer, wine and grog! Dancing and fiddling aboard. A health-giving, wealth-giving cruise. Be healthy and wealthy and wise, and bless the day you came aboard the Polycrest!
GOD SAVE THE KING
Well, what do you think? Sounds pretty awesome, no?
Oh, how I love these books!
Doesn't hurt that I have the mental image of Russell Crowe and Paul Bettany from the movie:

Good times!
2 comments:
I would sail with Captain Aubrey any day, and Dr. Stephen isn't too shabby either. Bless you for liking these books also.
Yay Jenna! I didn't know you are a fan! I spent a year reading the first 14 novels, during which I went to London and visited the Naval Museum. I loved it!
Post a Comment