I saw Into the Woods at Hale Centre Theatre last night, and I must say, it was brilliant! Loved the costumes, loved the set, already love the music, and I was very impressed by the casting. Candice looked absolutely gorgeous in her orange and her pink gowns and I finally got to see her perform! Geez, she has a beautiful voice. How I love her (thanks for letting me chatter your ear off after, Candice!) I also very much enjoyed watching my friend Jon McBride as the Baker -- he is just so genuine on stage. I cried during "No One Is Alone." Such a good show.
I am going to complain for a second though, because I had the WORST seat in the auditorium! My ticket was on the South East side (door 3), row seven, right on the aisle. So, not only did I have most of the Vom doorway in my way, I had the gate above it and the stair railing in my line of sight. Awesome. And there's the fact that I couldn't see Rapunzel's face the entire first act! During "Stay With Me" I wanted to yell out "TURN AROUND RAPUNZEL SO I CAN SEE YOUR PRETTY FACE!" The stupid song was blocked so that the Witch and Rapunzel are sitting on a moving turntable, and Rapunzel kept shifting so that her back was to me the entire time... except for the end when she buried her face into the Witch's shoulder. So, yeah. I was pretty annoyed. I moved during the second act and enjoyed it much better! (The second act is the frosting anyway!)
The play was fantastic overall. I'd love to go again. You do have to love how the handsome princes totally steal the show! Ah, good times.
Mandee asked me yesterday why I never blogged about the birthday party she and Laren threw for me. Sigh. I did blog about my birthday party and posted a ton of photos, though I posted it about two weeks after the fact, so I'm not surprised she missed it. Please check out the post if you haven't seen it and you want to! I had a great time during that party -- seriously still cannot believe all the fuss you ladies made over me. I am so lucky!
3 comments:
I know right? I could not see Ally's face until she is banished into the desert. I was sad because I loves me some Ally!!
Agreed!
In the spirit of the show, it might have been more appropriate to shout "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, show your pretty face to me!" (You know, assuming it's okay to shout at the performers, which it isn't in this case.) At least, I assumed it was pretty. Like I said, it took awhile before I had any confirmation. And yes, she is very pretty. Phew!
Thanks Megs... I'm really sorry I missed your birthday blog, but I'll look at it! I'll have to call you for advice on which seats to choose when I go see Into the Woods! I love you, Meg!
Post a Comment