Thursday I joined Amy and saw her adorable husband Jason play Sir Danvers Carew in Jekyll and Hyde at Rodgers Memorial Theatre. It was amazing! Such a good show! It's a little short on plot, but it's a character piece anyway, so I didn't mind. I love the music, and Rodgers did a terrific job using the stage and gorgeous costumes to help us suspend our disbelief. I loved watching Jason play an earnest and truely nice guy -- it was a breath of fresh air in the midst of all of the murder and horror going on.
Meanwhile, I was surprised to find that my friend Danny Lasko was playing Jekyll/Hyde! Hadn't seen him in years and was thrilled he finally gets to play his dream role. He had an insane amount of charisma and I have no idea where he found all that energy. I had chills every time he came on stage as Hyde. I was so proud of him! It was fun to chat afterwards and catch up a bit. It's always nice to meet someone who is achieving his dreams and knows how truely blessed he is!
There were several other cast members I had performed with years ago that I was excited to see. I don't know why, but I'm always afraid people won't remember me, so I don't always say "hi". But this time I did, and every one of them remembered me and seemed so happy to see me! Hooray! I love having friends in the theatre! One can never feel alone when one is involved in Utah's theatre community. Eventually, you run into each other again and most of the time it feels as though no time has passed. It's fantastic!
Anyway, I had a great time, and will recommend the show to anyone who asks. Tickets are selling out, but go if you can! You likely won't be disappointed. Thanks again Amy for being my date. I love talking with you and cheering with you, too! Well done, Jason! Love you both!
2 comments:
Thank YOU for being MY date! You are great company! I hope you weren't too cold by the time you actually got in your car and left after standing in the parking lot talking till midnight or whatever it was. We had our heater cranked all the way home. :)
My toes were frozen, but my heater works well so it's all good. I was more than happy to talk no matter how cold it was!
Post a Comment